Student Support Services
Student Support Service is of paramount importance. Countless student services are available at VET IAS to help students to achieve their goals and add something extra to their college experience. These services and resources are designed to help students to identify and move forward toward their personal, career, and educational objectives. Such support is provided through various services, to mention a few NSS, NCC, Competitive Examination Training Classes, Bank Coaching Classes, Certificate courses, Skill Development Programmes, English Language Training Centre, Mentor-Mentee Unit & Scholarship. A variety of resources and programs are available to help you explore options and gain real-world experience. It provides academic tutoring, which may include instruction in reading, writing, and study strategies. In addition, it proffers individualized counseling for a personal, career.
- The NSS Unit of VET IAS currently functions with two units comprising 100 students each. The unit organises various social and community programmes which include awareness rallies, blood donation camps, tree plantation drives, and the like.
- VET IAS got approval from the 15(TN) BN Erode, under the Fully Self-funded Scheme (FSFS). It consists of the Army Wing with 33 cadets. It focuses on self-discipline and problem-solving skills. Including personality developing skills, it motivates the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.
- VET IAS helps the students availing Merit Scholarship, Sports Scholarship through its management and Community Scholarship from both State and Central governments on regular basis.
- Mentorship is important to help people realise their potential. It helps the mentees to achieve personal and professional objectives. The mentees preferably are attached to the same mentor for the entire duration of the programme. The details about each mentee will be recorded and periodically updated.
REMEDIAL COACHING CLASSES
- Concern Subject faculty schedule remedial coaching classes for slow learners regularly. It helps the students to break down the difficulties in learning.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE TRAINING CENTRE
HELEN O'GRADY INTERNATIONAL
- An MoU has been signed with Helen O’Grady to teach Structured Speech which incorporates elements like Projection, Articulation, Forward Placing, and Jaw & Lip exercises; to motivate the students to shed their inhibitions and respond confidently to any given situation.
SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
- VET IAS upskills the students with very many skill development programmes notably Soft Skills, e-Commerce, Banking, Accounting, Income Tax, Finance, Economics, Accounting for Managers, Marketing, Taxation, Communicative English, Street Plays, Theatrical Arts, Personality Development, Public Speaking, Basics of Computer, C Programming & Microsoft Excel.
- An MoU has been inked with Digital Village to elevate the path-breaking trends in the field of creative writing. Around 70 students from various streams benefited.
CENTRE FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATIONS
BANK COACHING CLASS
- An MoU has been signed with Dheeran IAS Academy, Coimbatore to enhance Numerical Ability. Nearly 77 students enrolled their names.
- An MoU has been endorsed with Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt. Ltd. (T.I.M.E), Erode to train for Government Jobs & Placement. All over 172 students enrolled in the programme.
TNPSC & UPSC
- An MoU has been ratified with Dev’s IAS Academy, Coimbatore to crack TNPSC/UPSC exams. On every side, 190 students enrolled in the programme
A TECHIE CORNER
ICT & IBM
- A certification programme in “Python Programming (Module I and Module II)” was set out to escalate the knowledge of Data Science in the present scenario. Throughout 52 students benefited.
- An MoU has been signed with Livewire to promote the employability skills of the students by providing training for the students to meet their industrial needs, to provide training & certification on advanced technologies like IT and CORE to the students, and to create an industry institutional interaction.
- An MoU has been inked with Sri Raga Academy to excel the bilateral cooperation between two educational institutions to exchange the highest standards of professional education; to promote and increase the knowledge, skill and proficiency of students in accountancy.
- An MoU has been endorsed by Live Home for collaborative initiatives in the areas. To name a few, Human Resources Development, Entrepreneurship Development, Training and Placement Cell, R&D and Technology Development.
- An MoU has been signed with Erode District Small Industries Association to give industry training for students in project work and in-plant training, Placement service for the students in the Industries, with special emphasis on women entrepreneurs.
C CUBE TECHNOLOGIES
- An MoU has been signed with C Cube Technologies to conduct Skill Development training for Commerce students.
CONFEDERATION OF INDIAN INDUSTRY
- An MoU has been endorsed by the Confederation of Indian Industry to motivate and provide opportunities to the students to engage in activities and initiatives that they conceptualize, and create reports on regularly.
TAMIL MADURAI ARAKKATTALAI
- An MoU has been signed with Tamil Madurai Arakkattalai to motivate the students to organise events and to publish books by conducting guest lectures, seminars, e-conferences and workshops. In this regard, it helps the students to get aware of the importance of the Tamil Language through Debate, Poetry Recitation, and Oratorical Competitions.
ART & CRAFT
- An MoU has been inked with Meenakshi School of Fine Arts and conducts a short-term Hands-on-Training Programme on Entrepreneurial activity.
DISTRICT LIBRARY AUTHORITY
- An MoU has been ratified with District Library Authority to vitalise the reading habit of the students which leads the way toward competitive examinations. Furthermore, it invigorates the students to conduct events for prisoners; to celebrate National Library Week with the public; to publish books.
LEAD COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT
- An MoU has been inked with LEAD College of Management to conduct workshops/seminars/conference/colloquium/webinar based on the prevailing need of the society/industry/nation; collate paper presentation includes publication in ISBN/Department ISSN journal/UGC Care listed journal, Scopus and Web of Science indexed journals.
HAPPY VALLEY BUSINESS SCHOOL
- An MoU has been ratified with Happy Valley Business School to implement need-based Value-Added Courses to generate employment opportunities, and to share the best practices in education management.